My Friends, My Pals, My Bestest Buddies!!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

1901 Images From "A Flower Book"

Snowdrop
Christmas Rose

Winter Jasmine

The artist who created these sweet images is Nellie Benson.  They were published in "A Flower Book" in 1901.  
I love the sweetness and innocence of the little girls and the beauty of the flowers.  They are the perfect size for a note card or a card front.  They are beautiful just as they are and would be so pretty in nostalgic frames strung in a group, one below the other.  
However you decide to use them, I know they will enhance any craft or art.  I have yet to use them in any way except to look at and enjoy, but, with the holidays fast approaching I just know they will turn up on something.  
Have fun and enjoy them!
Be sweet!!!!

3 comments:

You are SO right, Gorges ... today's illustrations cannot compare to these little beauties!!!

 

Dearest Polly, Yes, I love these little images! I have made tags from them tied up with green ribbon. I think there is also a beautiful Christmas one with holly. Thanks for reminding me! I will look it up and print out some tags for Christmas. I stopped by to say thank you for your kind comment you left on my blog. You are so sweet. Thanks again for sharing. God bless.
Regina

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are music to my soul!

 

Copyright © Back Porch Graphics.
Sweet Memories Theme created by WAHMaholic Blog Designs.